JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
To develop a personal research portfolio in line with the Faculty’s research strategy, to teach at undergraduate level, and to participate in Faculty administration
ABOUT OUR TEAM
VNUK Department of Business and Management comprises a strong mix of junior and senior scholars with a diverse set of methodological skill sets. The area maintains a collegial atmosphere and a shared interest in how our individual research contributes to future business world, especially in forward-looking perspectives and knowledge that facilitates change or innovation.
At VNUK, we are committed to providing an inclusive environment that offers equitable opportunities for all, in the pursuit of VNUK’s vision to be an international university. We look for the applicants with strong growth mindset to be able to provide our students and communities with most updated knowledge. We work together to create a truly inclusive culture. We place great value on diversity and welcome applicants from all backgrounds. We are seeking to increase the diversity within our community and would particularly encourage applications from different groups, countries and people with disabilities.
As a growing department, we seek to appoint a Lecturer in Marketing to join our team. You would contribute to developing the research agenda, participate in grant applications and cooperate with companies and other external stakeholders. In your teaching, you are expected to emphasize the quality of the student experience.
For the position of lecturer, Master/ PhD degree in business and management or a related field and significant work experience in business and mangement is required. The degree with concentration on Marketing would be of our great interest. The lecturer/ researcher should have an experience and interest in Marketing and ideally also in Entrepreneurship and Digital Marketing.
Fluency in written and spoken English is a requirement and knowledge of different cultures is an advantage. As an applicant, you should have experience of working well in teams, of working in interdisciplinary environments and collaborating with surrounding society. You should demonstrate your desire to work closely with people in business and other external organisations in research and knowledge exchange.
- Develop new teaching methods and design new courses, and take responsibility for the quality of programme.
- Plan, deliver and critically review a range of teaching and assessment activities including lectures.
- Train and supervise of students and act as a supervisor for internship students
- Set/mark programme work, practical sessions, supervisions, fieldwork and examinations according to own area of subject specialism, and provide appropriate feedback to students.
- Take part in activities such as validating and examining in relation to the VNUK’s associated institutions.
- Manage and undertake research activities in accordance with a specific project plan
- Attend appropriate conferences for the purpose of disseminating research results or for personal development.
- Sustain and develop professional expertise and maintain the requirements for registration with the appropriate body
- Perform such personal administrative duties throughout the Faculty as are recognised by the Institute as properly within the remit of the work of academic staff, as allocated by the Head of Faculty. Such duties may include Faculty co-ordinating roles, for example, running the process of admissions, examinations or teaching quality assessment.
- Advise, supervise and give guidance to junior staff where applicable
- PhD/ Master degree in Marketing or a related field from an accredited institution
- Demonstrated experience working with industries.
- Ability and enthusiasm to teach a broad range of marketing topics, such as marketing research, digital marketing, etc. at undergraduate levels, to specialists and non-specialists, while enhancing the student experience
- Willingness to contribute to programme management, support and development
- Very good learning mindset, willing to participate in workshops and seminars to update the knowledge from industry
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work
During the appointment as a lecturer/ researcher, you will work 70% as lecturer/ researcher and 30% as administrative staff of the department.
As an academic staff, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Income on the basis of agreement with 6-month revision
- Other employee benefits on the occasion of holidays, big events
- Opportunity to work with experienced and friendly colleagues
- Working in a very inclusive education environment
- Opportunity to become a full-time lecturer of University of Danang
- Learning opportunities provided by VNUK and University of Danang
Your application should include:
- application letter with information about the applicant
- letter of intent (max 2 pages)
- complete CV including references ;
- validated doctoral degree certificate;
- validated certificates of completed university education courses;
- peer-reviewed publications.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org