- This event has passed.
????The 8th OpenTESOL International Conference 2020: Call for Papers
????Theme: Language Education for Global Competence: Finding Authentic Voices and Embracing Meaningful Practices
????Date and venue: The keynote and parallel sessions will be delivered online from 8:00 to 16:30 (GMT+7 Hanoi Time) on Saturday, 23 May 2020.
????For more information, please visit http://opentesol.ou.edu.vn/2020conference.html
The OpenTESOL International Conference series was established in 2012 by The Faculty of Foreign Languages and The Graduate School of Ho Chi Minh City Open University, a higher education institution offering a variety of programs ranging from on-site to distance learning and learning at satellite academic centers and aiming to meet various learning needs of society and to contribute enriching the country’s human resources.
OpenTESOL is a conference for local and international professionals in the field of Foreign Languages Teaching and Learning. OpenTESOL has been recognized as a valuable professional development opportunity for practitioners and researchers in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam with an average audience of 200 attending annually.
Since 2016, OpenTESOL has also published its conference proceedings. All presenters are encouraged to submit their papers for consideration in this publication.
OpenTESOL honors the following groups:
- Classroom teachers and teacher educators;
- Ph.D students and researchers in the fields of foreign language teaching and learning and applied linguistics;
- English language school’s managers and tertiary education administrators.
- Foreign experts or researchers who wish to network within the foreign language communities in Ho Chi Minh City and Vietnam.
OpenTESOL aims to:
- Establish a quality hub for sharing ideas of appropriate pedagogies in different teaching and learning contexts;
- Provide an opportunity for building a network of teachers and those professionals involved in language teaching;
- Strengthen the ties between the foreign language teaching communities in Ho Chi Minh City and other provinces in Vietnam;
- Connect local communities with international language education institutions or associations;
- Present state-of-the-art research into language and language education.
A report of the 6th OpenTESOL International Conference written by Dr. Hien Dinh can be found here.