This joint MA programme involves study in both Vietnam and the UK. It is ideal for those aspiring to become English language teachers but who have no or limited prior English language teaching experience.
Length: 1 year (3 terms)
Pathway: 1st term at VNUK, 2nd at NTU, 3rd is either VNUK or NTU
Total tuition fees: £7900
Deadline for application: 31/07/2020
– Cultivate your mind
– Enhance your teaching and soft skills
– Become a difference maker in a classroom
– Experience pastoral care and support
– Feel at home away from home with NTU community
– Build a network across the world
The course consists of 5 core modules and optional modules (180 credits)I. Core modules:
II. Optional modules:
Choose one of the following modules worth 20 credits each*:
1. Blended Learning and Computer (Computer-Assisted Language Learning)
2. Teaching English to Young Learners;
3. Intercultural Communication;
5. English for Academic Purpose;
6. English for Professional Purposes;
7. Materials Development;
8. Teaching Speaking, Listerning;
9. Teaching Reading and Writing;
*Option modules are subject to demand.
The dissertation is worth 60 credits and it is a 15,000-word piece of independent work that builds upon the practical, theoretical and research skills of the MA course. It is an opportunity for you to follow your own interests, demonstrate your strengths and produce a rigorously researched dissertation on a specific subject.
Academic year: 2020/2021
Total tuition fees: £7900. Students shall pay £1900 to VNUK and £6000 to NTU at the time of enrollment at NTU.
Living costs: Living costs in Nottingham depend on your personal lifestyle and where you choose to stay. On average, the estimated monthly cost at NTU is £1015 including accommodation, bills, food, mobile phone, textbooks, travel (around Nottingham), and other expenses.
This course opens your door to a world of opportunities including becoming a university lecturer, opening an English center, working internationally and working for international companies in various roles. This master degree includes a thesis which provides the opportunity to pursue a PhD or a research career.
HOW TO APPLY?
When you submit your application, you’ll receive an acknowledgement of receipt from NTU.
Please visit postgraduates’ guide to get more information and advice about applying to NTU.